A plastic-free and naturally biodegradable alternative to traditional poly mailers. Lightweight and affordable, kraft mailers are an ideal shipping solution for small apparel and textiles.
Fibers made with 100% recycled content. May also include additives, adhesives, and ink.
Made with 90% post-consumer waste that has been diverted from landfills.
High recycled content and can be readily recycled into a useful product in its next life.
Paper fibers do not contain added synthetic polymers. May include synthetic adhesives.
Commonly accepted in most curbside recycling programs across the US.
Made in USA
Utilizes local recycled inputs, transparent supply chain, lower transportation footprint.
|Material||100% recycled kraft paper fiber|
|Recycled Content||100% recycled kraft paper fiber
90% post-consumer waste paper fiber
|Thickness||10 pt paperboard|
|Functionality||Self-seal adhesive closure|
|End-of-Life||Curbside recyclable with paper
|Origin||Made in USA|
|Mailer Color||Natural kraft|
|Print Color||Pantone Color Matching System (PMS)|
|Ink Type||HydroSoy Ink or Black Algae Ink|
|Print Option||Post-production: 1-sided, 1-color
Inline: edge-to-edge printing, 2 print colors, and more - request quote
What is a Kraft Mailer?
When should I use a Kraft Mailer versus other paper mailers?
Kraft Mailers, EcoX Mailers, and Apparel Mailers are specifically designed for shipping apparel and other soft goods. All are great alternatives to poly mailers for brands looking for sustainable packaging and focused on going plastic-free. Our paper mailers for apparel guide dives deeper into these three mailers.
What is the difference between these three mailers? In short:
- Kraft Mailers are our economy option. They are made with the thinnest paper (10pt) and have 95% post-consumer waste. These mailers work in most situations.
- EcoX Mailers are our mid-range value option. They are made with slightly thicker paper (11pt) and less post-consumer waste (70%), making them more durable and puncture resistant. These are great for brands that have tried Kraft Mailers but need a stronger, cost-effective mailer.
- Apparel Mailers are our premium option. Its thicker paper (15-18pt), unique stay-flat design, and high post-consumer waste content (97%) create a high-quality, luxury delivery experience.
What are the sizes, dimensions, and weights of EcoEnclose kraft mailers?
|Product Code||Product Description||Parcel Weight||Parcel Dimensions||Mailer Weight||Mailer Weight||Internal Mailer Dimensions|
|KM6x10-25||6 x 10" - Bundle of 25||1.5 lbs||13 x 6 x 1"||0.06 lbs||0.8 oz||5.96 x 9.96"|
|KM6x10-500||6 x 10" - Case of 500||26 lbs||25 x 14 x 7"||0.06 lbs||0.8 oz||5.96 x 9.96"||KM8.5x12-25||8.5 x 12" - Bundle of 25||2.25 lbs||15 x 9 x 1"||0.09 lbs||1.2 oz||8.46 x 11.96"|
|KM8.5x12-250||8.5 x 12" - Case of 250||21.5 lbs||15 x 10 x 14"||0.09 lbs||1.2 oz||8.46 x 11.96"|
|KM9.5x14.5-25||9.5 x 14.5" - Bundle of 25||2.75 lbs||17 x 10 x 1"||0.11 lbs||1.8 oz||9.46 x 14.46"|
|KM9.5x14.5-250||9.5 x 14.5" - Case of 250||27 lbs||18 x 10 x 14"||0.11 lbs||1.8 oz||9.46 x 14.46"|
|KM10.5x16-25||10.5 x 16" - Bundle of 25||3.5 lbs||19 x 11 x 1"||0.14 lbs||2 oz||10.46 x 15.96"|
|KM10.5x16-250||10.5 x 16" - Case of 250||32.25 lbs||20 x 11 x 12"||0.14 lbs||2 oz||10.46 x 15.96"|
|KM12.5x19-25||12.5 x 19" - Bundle of 25||4.5 lbs||21 x 13 x 1"||0.18 lbs||2.2 oz||12.46 x 18.96"|
|KM12.5x19-200||12.5 x 19" - Case of 200||35.5 lbs||23 x 13 x 10"||0.18 lbs||2.2 oz||12.46 x 18.96"|
|KM6x2.5x12-25||6 x 2.75 x 12" - Bundle of 25||1.75 lbs||15 x 6 x 2"||0.07 lbs||1 oz||5.93 x 2.68 x 11.93"|
|KM6x2.5x12-500||6 x 2.75 x 12" - Case of 500||33 lbs||20 x 17 x 13"||0.07 lbs||1 oz||5.93 x 2.68 x 11.93"|
|KM10.5X3.75X19-25||10.5 x 3.75 x 19" - Bundle of 25||4.2 lbs||21 x 10.5 x 2.5||0.15 lbs||2.4 oz||10.43 x 3.68 x 18.83"|
|KM10.5x3.75x19-200||10.5 x 3.75 x 19" - Case of 200||33 lbs||23.5 x 14 x 11.375||0.15 lbs||2.4 oz||10.43 x 3.68 x 18.83"|
What are gussets, and when should I use a gusseted mailer?
Two sizes of our Kraft Mailers are gusseted on the side, so while they are flat when you receive them, they expand when you put products in them. Gussets serve two primary purposes for our brands:
- Improved fulfillment speed because of how much easier it is to put products in a bag that can expand
- Increased bulkiness and depth of product that can be packaged
While gussets have a lot of benefits, beware of one crucial pitfall. Don’t assume that a mailer can be stuffed to capacity simply because it is gusseted. If there is too much weight and tension on the gussets, this feature can increase the mailer’s likelihood of failing.
In general, our recommendation is as follows. If a flat mailer works well for you, choose it because it uses less material and tends to have lower damage rates. However, if you require a gusseted mailer's speed, efficiency, or volume, avoid overfilling and run a dozen or so ship tests before transitioning to this solution.
Should I use poly or paper mailers to ship apparel?
Learn more: Paper vs. Plastic: Which Should I Use For My Packaging?
How do I choose the right size mailer for my products?
- Lay your products down and measure an “imaginary boundary” around them to get a length, width, and height.
- Add a fitting allowance around these dimensions. If you want a snug fit, add 0.25 for mailers. If your item is thick (0.25" or more) and you plan on using a flat (non-gusseted) paper mailer, add at least 0.5” to your dimensions.
- Map these dimensions, with the cushioning included, to your mailer size.
Then, order free samples, the most effective way to size correctly, and test your options.